|Date Posted||October 3, 2017|
Baytex Energy USA, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Reservoir Engineer to join the
CBU/LBU/Eagleford Business Unit. Primary responsibilities for this position are the evaluation and
reporting of reserves and financials and the evaluation of the AFE's for the drilling program for the
Eagleford non-operated properties. This position will also support the company’s business
development efforts through the team evaluation and recommendation of acquisitions/dispositions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Versatility to work both operated and non-operated assets.
- Participate in non-op AFE review and recommendation process.
- Update and report changes in the well spacing of the field and how these changes will impact
reserves, type curves, development plans, etc.
- Create and manage models for non-operated unconventional reserves and forecasting,( i.e.
type curves ) and Long Range Plan.
- Regular updates and communication regarding assets with operator(s).
- Provide support in evaluation of acquisition/disposition opportunities.
- Evaluate field exploitation opportunities.
- Determine reserves and coordinate with reserves coordinator for different reserves cycles.
- Maintain and support all subsurface engineering aspects of the non-operated development
- Evaluate Reservoir characterization; fluid characterization and reservoir simulation work
developed by BTE.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or related field
- 15+ years’ experience in reservoir engineering and experience working within an integrated
team including Geology, Geophysics and other Engineering disciplines.
- Proficient in all areas of classical reservoir engineering including reserve and economic
- Previous experience with horizontal drilling
- Preference for experience in the Eagleford reservoir (Texas) or at least some tight oil
- Prefer experience with horizontal fraced completions and production engineering
- Must have recent unconventional reservoirs development experience, with strong data
analytics and statistical analysis skills.
- Proficient with economic modelling software
- Strong analytical thinking skills, database manager aptitudes
- Proficiency expertise in MS office, with relative experience in production analysis or well
R: \HR ADMIN\Job Descriptions 1