|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Sr Reservoir Engineer
Austin, TX 78701 Parsley Energy
Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
Reports to: Reservoir Engineering Manager
Date: April 2017
Monitor Parsley’s Non-Operated position by: evaluating partner AFEs; understanding current and future activity levels for incorporation into the annual budget; reviewing production, LOE, and capital statements from partners; and evaluating trades and small working interest acquisitions across the Midland Basin. This position will also provide engineering support in the quarterly and annual reserves process for both the Non-Operated properties and Company’s operated reserves.
- Coordinate with both land and accounting to monitor Non-Operated activity
- Evaluate and make recommendations for proposed partner AFE’s
- Monitor and evaluate Non-Operated production, LOE and Capital statements
- Provide engineering support in the preparation of quarterly and year end reserves
- Provide engineering support in the quarterly reforecast and annual budget and planning process as it relates to the non-operated position
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for acreage trades and small working interest acquisitions
- Communicate Non-Operated issues and successes to the technical development team to incorporate best practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a wide range of reservoir engineering skill sets including economic and technical analysis
- Position requires the ability to actively interact with partners to acquire data
- Position requires a strong analytical and problem solving skill set utilizing sound engineering principles
- Ability to communicate and work effectively both as an independent engineer and within multi-disciplined team setting
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On occasion this position may be required to go to the field and monitor activity, therefore being exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat, and vibration.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Travel: Does your position require day trips that are out of the area, or any overnight stays during the typical workweek?
Minimum Qualifications: Education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Bachelors of Science in Petroleum Engineering is preferred
- 7+ years of industry related experience with demonstrated knowledge of reservoir engineering techniques and skills
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
About Parsley Energy:
Founded in 2008, Parsley Energy is an independent oil and natural gas company with operations in the Permian Basin, where we develop unconventional oil and natural gas reserves. As we efficiently and responsibly grow reserves, production, and cash flow by developing our liquids rich resource base, we seek to create value for shareholders, employees, energy consumers, and the communities in which we work.
Over the past several years we have grown - primarily through the drill bit - from a two-person start-up to a large scale operation that operates several hundred wells. With a substantial inventory of vertical and horizontal drilling locations in the prolific core of the Midland Basin, we look forward to continued growth at superior rates of return.