|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Brief Posting Description
This position provides reservoir engineering related technical support to a multi-disciplinary team primarily focused in all of Newfield’s domestic operations.
- Assist engineers with loading Aries cases for economics and reserves analyses. Load and update all inputs in Aries. Run Queries to pull both input and output data for checking economics cases, consolidate cashflows, create one-line summaries and reports from Aries, and update tables in Aries database
- Export/import data between Excel, Access and SQL databases
- Write queries in Access and SQL to format data and build business analytics
- Work with Land to validate field assignments for wells
- Collaborate with outside vendors to transmit data and provide additional information as needed
- Provide data as requested by reservoir engineers, operations, and management
- Create Geographics maps of various data - EUR, cum oil and gas production, etc.
- Assist engineers with budget forecasting
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint presentations for technical reviews
- Assist with special projects and research
- MS Office products – Advanced working knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- ARIES – User
- Advanced analytical skills with an aptitude for math
- Able to offer creative solutions; possesses resourceful problem solving skills
- Geographics – data gathering & input, mapping, maps for presentations is a plus.
- Experience in manipulating and organizing electric log data for import into log analysis software is a plus.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and the flexibility to work extended hours on occasion
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines.
- 5 plus years engineering technician with oil and gas experience
- High school diploma; college degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics or Engineering preferred