|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||20|
Sr. Reserves Authority – Consultant
Summary: Independent oil and gas company with a team is composed of distinguished professionals from the Mexican and international oil and gas sector with over 400 years of cumulative experience with direct applicability to Mexico’s opportunity set is looking for a Sr. Reserves Authority – Consultant. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Location: Houston, TX, with ability to travel 4~6 times annually to Mexico City
Position Pay: Day rate; Depending on Experience
Position Type: Full Time Contract – (6 mo. - 1 yr.)
- This candidate needs to be a very experienced petroleum engineer that has worked as lead in reserves certification as a reserves authority in previous job roles, able to fully describe and document 1P, 2P and 3P reserves categories according to SEC regulations.
- Will work with filed evaluation team to develop 1P, 2P and 3P reserve case for bidding in Mexico Farm-In options in 2017 / 2018.
- Knows both depletion drive and IOR/EOR field recovery mechanisms and is creative in seeking technology solutions for the same.
- Needs to have own working knowledge of both clastic & carbonate reservoirs / plays in Gulf of Mexico & be able to clearly communicate to management the field volumes and key risks.
- Must also be able to patiently and concisely communicate ideas to technical team of reservoir engineers, geophysicists, drilling engineers, management & partners
- Lead role in determination of 1P, 2P and 3P reserve volumes within Field Evaluation Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering; Masters Preferred.
- Minimum 20 years work experience, preference to have oil company experience of both Mexico and international petroleum basins, including salt basins
- Must works very effectively with people from different backgrounds & disciplines, helps others to succeed in close small team environment
- Understands Petrel, Eclipse software application to determining field volumes and able to mentor RE/PE/GL/GP in SEC determined reserves classification and steer technical work to clarify same.
- Must be a self-starter, that works with minimal supervision, hard worker, delivers on time to high standard
- Must have a good previous work record, and must know Gulf of Mexico fields
- Able to communicate fluently in English and with some Spanish