|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
This position is located in Midland, Texas as a member of the Subsurface and Technology team. The candidate will work in a team environment with reservoir engineers, geoscientists, data scientists and field operations to optimize asset value in the Delaware Basin.
This position requires experience and knowledge in both production and reservoir engineering fields. Candidates should be able to demonstrate clearly their ability to translate an understanding of reservoir characterization and dynamics into optimal field development and production management strategies.
- 8+ years of production and reservoir engineering experience, including 3+ years supporting unconventional reservoirs, preferably in tight oil and/or Permian region of West Texas / New Mexico
- Experience in field data acquisition and data management — specifically: productivity assessment studies using measured and calculated bottomhole pressures, familiarity with field measurement practices (rates, pressures, temperatures, etc.), production allocation practices, artificial lift, and facilities (separation, measurement, processing (including compression)).
- Experience with field-scale monitoring and performance optimization practices — with a knowledge of appropriate software for these practices (e.g., the PETEX software suite).
- Experience conducting integrated reservoir studies — with a knowledge of pressure transient analysis (PTA), rate-transient analysis (RTA) and advanced decline curve analysis (DCA).
- Experience with reservoir characterization projects - phase behavior (PVT), special core analysis (SCAL) and reservoir simulation is a plus.
- Experience in data visualization using Spotfire software.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle ambiguity in data and in the interpretation/analysis of data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to function independently as well as collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Awareness of and willingness to demonstrate Anadarko’s Core Values (http://www.anadarko.com/About/).
- Collaborate effectively in a Business Unit with multiple disciplines at varying levels of experience.
- Work with field and office personnel on programs for data acquisition/monitoring, data management and data evaluation — particularly for production optimization; but also for monitoring well performance for intervention, for well interference, and for the evaluation of reservoir properties and well completion efficiencies.
- Work with the team to integrate engineering analysis with available geological and geophysical data to characterize the reservoir and optimize future development.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experienced reservoir and production engineers.
- Present analysis to varying levels of technical and management audiences.
Bachelor’s Degree required in related engineering discipline with a reference for a Master’s or PhD Degree in Petroleum Engineering
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule