|Location||State College, United States|
|Date Posted||November 5, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Under minimal supervision this individual will work with field production staff to bring on new production, continuously monitor legacy operated production to identify opportunities for optimization, identify wellbore re-work opportunities and work with the operations team on maintaining peak production and optimal location equipment design. This person must communicate and work well with other staff including completions engineering, reservoir, field staff and upper management. Experience with production operations in shale resource plays is desired.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
1. Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering preferred.
2. Strong understanding of flowing wells and artificial lift methods.
3. Ability to conduct wellbore surveillance operations, diagnose problems, perform failure analysis, recommend and implement appropriate solutions
4. Proficiency with MS-Office suite, particularly MS-Excel.
1. Proficiency in ARIES.
2. Solid knowledge of downhole tools and operations including slickline, wireline, CTU and workover rig based solutions.
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
2. 8 years of onshore production engineering experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of production operations in onshore shale resource plays including artificial lift, hydrate handling, etc.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
5. Must be a self-motivated and enthusiastic team player capable of completing tasks in a group environment.
6. Demonstrated project management skills.
7. Valid driver’s license.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review daily production to identify optimization opportunities.
• Conducts regular lease/well reviews with management and field staff to ensure production is at peak efficiency.
• Full project life cycle stewardship from economic analysis for justification to execution, lookback and lessons learned.
• Analyze problem wells, recommends remedial action and writes detailed procedures for implementation.
• Implements artificial lift on gas and oil wells. This is primarily plunger lift but can include all forms of artificial lift.
• Reviews LOE statements for accuracy and can analyze and recommend cost optimization based on trend analysis.
• Follow and support company HSE standards and compliance with all relevant regulations.