|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
Handles assignments of a broad scope and moderate difficulty for the Rocky Mountain Region. Responsible for maximizing production and profitability of oil and gas properties by analyzing associated costs, estimating the production capabilities and economic value of wells. The focus will be on creating assets / further developing existing assets, implementing development plans and managing assets to maximize profitability. May mentor less experienced engineers on fundamentals and supervise technical work is a large portion of this role. This role includes leadership positions on team and projects.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze producing properties for profitability and recommend operational improvements.
- Optimize production from new and existing wells, determining if intervention is needed, when and how it should be performed, and by designing and installing the artificial lift application.
- Work closely with Reservoir Engineers and Geologists to maximize the value of assigned assets.
- Monitor daily production volumes for discrepancies and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Asset Team and/or technical professionals with project planning and AFE generation for new operated wells.
- Work with Facilities Engineers and Operations staff in the design of production facilities.
- Provide detailed input to well operations staff on all aspects of well completion/production operations design.
- Ensure facilities and infrastructure are ready and new wells are connected in a timely manner to maximize revenue.
- Prepare written procedures and economic evaluations for well intervention, optimization and upgrade projects and periodically supervise execution.
- Implement and lead projects and studies.
- Monitor competitor activity and well performance to obtain competitive advantage and assist in managing manage non-op capital commitments.
- On call support, including nights and weekends may be required.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities.
- Assist with LOE/WOE budget analysis.
- Mentor less experienced engineering staff.
- Other duties as assigned
General Knowledge and Skills:
Proficient in Production Engineering, possessing a thorough working knowledge of oil and gas operations. Is familiar with the basics of reservoir, drilling, completion and geology disciplines. Takes initiative to maintain and increase technical knowledge through practical application and knowledge transfer. Proficient ability to learn and apply new skills and technologies. Proficient use and application of standard engineering principles and techniques including industry and company standards in assigned discipline.
Proficient level of skill in Microsoft Office. Excel spreadsheet based analysis, Wellview and other commonly used industry specific software. Proficient knowledge and utilization of WellView, Aries, OFM, Spotfire, SROD and any other discipline specific software required.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Practical application and comprehensive understanding production operations, artificial lift applications and facility construction. Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with different artificial lift methods. Ability to identify and meet operational KPI’s and efficiency metrics. Develops understanding and knowledge of multiple basins/resource plays within a region. Good understanding of Reservoir and Completion Engineering.
B.S. degree in Engineering is required, Petroleum Engineering is preferred.
Minimum of 6 years of applicable experience