|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2017|
Job Title: Senior Production Engineer
Location: Austin TX
Reports to: Production Manager
The Sr.Production Engineer will work closely with the operations group to identify potential problems and proactively work to reduce issues that may adversely impact production. This position is critical to ensure that Parsley Energy is able to maintain and enhance its production leadership in the Permian Basin.
- Monitor production and flowback trends to proactively initiate changes to optimize well productivity
- Identify workover potential and prepare written intervention procedure with cost justifications
- Extensive knowledge of artificial lift methods and artificial lift designs over the life cycle of the well. Significant Gas Lift experience is desirable as well as ESP, Plunger Lift and Rod Pumping systems
- Oversee chemical programs for assigned wells
- Able to analyze wells and groups of wells to identify upside potential
- Reduce failures to minimize lift cost and maintain/enhance production levels
- Work with regulatory and operations to design, optimize, and maintain Salt Water Disposal projects
- Work well with other departments to support all business opportunities
- Provide engineering support for field operations
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with PE facilities
- Network with Permian Basin Operators to gain exposure to additional opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience in onshore U.S. resource plays, Permian Basin experience preferred
- Horizontal well experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Advanced level of skill in Microsoft Office, Excel and/or Spotfire
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will on occasion work in outside weather conditions. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat, and vibration.
This is largely a sedentary role: however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures. Bending, stooping, climbing, walking on uneven/rocky/unpredictable terrain expected during field visits.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Some out of area and overnight travel is expected to field locations in the Midland/Ft Stockton area. No more than 15% per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 8+ years of industry related experience with demonstrated knowledge of production engineering principles in both subsurface and surface applications
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice