|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2017|
This position will be located in the Midland office working with the Delaware Basin Subsurface Characterization team. Anadarko is seeking someone who will provide petrophysical support to functions involved with drilling, exploration, production, and discovery activities in unconventional reservoir settings. Works with engineers and other geoscientists to understand the rock properties of target reservoirs. Evaluates rock properties by taking well log measurements, engaging in core and seismic studies. Employs the appropriate study to ensure accurate characterizations of reservoirs. Analyzes and disseminates understanding of rock properties to ensure teams implement the appropriate approach to finding and extracting oil and gas from subsurface formations.
- 8+ years minimum of relevant experience in petrophysical interpretation and operations.
- Significant experience in tight gas/oil, gas/oil shales, and unconventional reservoirs is highly desired;
- Delaware Basin experience is a big plus. Strong background integrating core, log and well data.
- Strong background developing and executing multifaceted petrophysical field studies, demonstrating ability to impact multiple disciplines.
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package a must, and working experience with Interactive Petrophysics software is a big plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, and work well in integrated teams.
- Participate in the planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize project team objectives, particularly as a critical member of integrated project teams.
- Provide operational petrophysical support to wells drilling within areas of responsibility.
- Apply petrophysical interpretation techniques using state-of-the-art technology and mentor others in the deployment of advanced techniques.
- Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration & development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins/plays and improve reservoir characterization of strategic assets.
- Interface with logging & coring vendors as part of providing petrophysical support for region.
- Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline & LWD) technologies and recommend their applications where appropriate.
- Demonstrate expertise in new interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities.
- Interface with asset and explorations teams to maximize knowledge and technology transfer
Bachelors Degree in Geology, Petroleum Engineering, required, with a Masters Degree preferred with related Petrophysics experience.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 20%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule, however this position covers 24-hour operations and must be available for 24/7 on call as operations dictate.