|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||November 14, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Sr Petrophysicist - Advanced Analytics and Emerging TechnologiesJob Location: The Woodlands, TX Requisition ID: 6039 # of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
This position will be located in the Houston office working with the Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies group. Anadarko is seeking someone who will provide petrophysical support and bring innovative techniques and solutions to a multi-disciplinary team of Geologic, Geophysical, Reservoir Engineering and Completions expertise. The successful candidate will work with engineers and other geoscientists to understand and predict the rock properties of reservoirs the span the exploration, development and production spectrum, within both conventional offshore and unconventional onshore settings. The candidate will successfully evaluate rock properties by utilizing well log measurements and integrated core and seismic studies, and employ existing and innovative methodologies and data science principles to provide reservoir characterizations that incorporate both deterministic and probabilistic methods and quantified uncertainty analyses. The successful candidate will illustrate a demonstrated capability of data integration, a clear passion for diverse and innovative -techniques, and a clear ability to disseminate advanced petrophysical concepts to multi-disciplinary business units throughout the organization.
- 8+ years minimum of relevant experience in petrophysical interpretation and operations
- Significant experience in tight gas/oil, gas/oil shales, and unconventional reservoirs is highly desired; DJ Basin and / or west Texas experience is a clear advantage.
- Strong background integrating core, log and well data.
- Strong background developing and executing multifaceted petrophysical basin and field studies, demonstrating ability to impact multiple disciplines.
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package a must, and working experience with Interactive Petrophysics software is a big plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, and work well in integrated teams.
- Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration & development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins/plays and improve reservoir characterization of strategic assets
- Provide petrophysical solutions for streamlined, integrated workflows in basin screening exploration settings and within producing assets
- Apply petrophysical interpretation techniques using state-of-the-art technology and mentor others in the deployment of advanced techniques
- Interface with logging & coring vendors in order to development customized solutions
- Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline & LWD) technologies and recommend their applications where appropriate
- Demonstrate expertise in new interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities
- Interface with broader business units across the Organization to maximize knowledge and technology transfer
B.S., Master or PhD in Petroleum Engineering or Geology with related Petrophysics experience will be considered for this position.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule