|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Sr Petrophysicist - Advanced Analytics and Emerging TechnologiesJob Location: The Woodlands, TX Requisition ID: 6117 # of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
This position will be located in the Houston office working with the recently formed Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies group. Anadarko is seeking an exceptional candidate who will work with geoscientists, engineers and data scientists to develop innovative petrophysical techniques and solutions. The successful candidate will integrate well log measurements, core analyses and seismic attributes to invert for reservoir and geomechanical rock properties for both conventional and unconventional plays.
The successful candidate will exhibit a clear track record of petrophysical evaluations that leverage probabilistic, multivariate and machine learning approaches. The successful candidate will also illustrate a demonstrated capability of data integration, a clear passion for diverse and innovative techniques, and a clear ability to disseminate advanced petrophysical concepts to multi-disciplinary business units throughout the organization.
- 8+ years minimum of relevant experience in petrophysical evaluation
- Significant experience in tight gas/oil, gas/oil shales, and unconventional reservoirs is highly desired; DJ Basin and / or west Texas experience is a clear advantage. A strong background integrating core, log and well data across diverse geologic settings is required
- Strong background of developing and executing multifaceted petrophysical basin and field-scale studies, inclusive of experimental design, multi-mineral petrophysical and probabilistic evaluation techniques
- Proficiency in data science techniques such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, multivariate data analysis and data clustering is highly preferred
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a leading petrophysical software package is a must, and working experience with current coding languages is highly beneficial (for example SQL, Java, Python, R)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, and work well in integrated teams
- Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration & development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins, plays, fields and prospects, and also enhance the reservoir characterization of strategic assets
- Provide innovative petrophysical solutions for streamlined, integrated workflows in basin screening exploration settings and within producing assets
- Couple petrophysical interpretation with data science techniques using state-of-the-art technology and mentor others in the deployment of advanced techniques
- Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline & LWD) technologies and recommend their applications where appropriate
- Demonstrate expertise in new tools and interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities
- Interface with broader business units across the Organization to maximize knowledge and technology transfer
B.S., Master in Geology with commensurate and related Petrophysics experience.
B.S., Master or PhD in Petroleum Engineering.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule