|Date Posted||July 12, 2017|
Position: Sr. Petroleum Engineer
Job type: Permanent
**Only those currently eligible to work in Thailand will be considered for this position**
We are currently working with a global, well established and expansion focused E&P business who are in the process of expanding their in-country presence. Due to this continued growth, a need has arisen within the business to add a highly experienced Petroleum Engineer to their team to assist with the ongoing and upcoming projects.
In this position, you will report directly into the Head of subsurface and be responsible for evaluating and designing the number of wells to enable decisions for the future of each well going forward. Key challenges will include:
- Optimizing the waterflood strategy and improving flooding efficiency using analytical methods such as Hall Plot, Decline Curve in OFM, and RPI plot
- Maintain oversight of the drilling & workover programme and being able to provide workable solutions to potential problems as and when they may arise
- Working on the longer term 5 year business plan and preparing the well plans
- Support Geologist and Geophysicist in estimating original fluids in place by deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Set up XPT/MDT, MiniDST, Well testing, sampling, production test programs and perform pressure analysis based on the data
Suitable candidates will be a driven, autonomous, self-motivated drilling professional who is passionate and hungry to succeed, with a good command of the English language and passion for safety.
You must have at least 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years solid waterflooding experience.
You must also have at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant field.