|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||February 4, 2018|
The successful candidate will report to the Team Leader of the Operation Team within COMPANY's Unconventional Department.
The successful candidate will be in charge of:
· Plan, execute and supervise from the HQ office the subsurface related activities of exploration/appraisal unconventional wells.
· Have the experience to make critical decision in timely fashion.
· Take key role in the preparation of Geological Well Prognosis, end of well documentation, analysis and reporting to internal/external parties.
· Attend operations and planning meeting and serves as key Interface between operations/planning and geoscience team.
· Ensure distribution of all wellsite data & reports to subsurface operation team and all agreed partners.
· Have the experience to analyze models, maps, structures, geological & operational uncertainties and risks.
· Have good understanding of the tools, technique and work flow for the drilling operation at the well site.
· Have inside out understanding of wireline and LWD logging, coring, mudlogging.
· Supervise the landing and steering of horizontal holes is Unconventional target zones.
· Plan, optimize, supervise the data gathering program for tight carbonate/Unconventional target.
· Ensure good communication with the rest of the Subsurface team (geologist, geophysicist, petrophysicist, RE & PE) and the Drilling team.
· In cooperation with the Subsurface operations staff, organizes the logistics and movement of all logging tools and reservoir and geological samples from the rig.
· Assist with definition of Scope of Work/evaluation of geoscience related drilling tenders and contracts (wireline, mud logging, coring etc.).
A critical role for the Senior Operation Geologist will be in knowledge sharing and coaching of Emirati geologists to ensure the full set of unconventional geological evaluation skills are transferred and embedded within the COMPANY Unconventional team.