|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Sr. Implementation Reservoir Engineer
The Moss Creek Asset area is a significant Spraberry and Wolfcamp unconventional shale development in the Permian Basin, with an active and sustained multi-rig development program in execution. The Implementation Reservoir Engineer will report to the Asset Manager and work in a multi-discipline team to provide reservoir engineering and business expertise in support of field development implementation. This position will bring a deep and varied reservoir engineering toolkit to diagnosing and resolving significant engineering uncertainties in a major Permian Basin unconventional development. A key expectation of this role is an ability to use petroleum engineering and geo-mechanical principles in conjunction with production rate and pressure data, drilling observations, and completion design parameters to identify and develop opportunities to improve completion designs and well performance. The reservoir engineer will also surveil base field production data to identify and assess performance anomalies then recommend optimization/recovery plans in coordination with Production and Facilities Engineering.
- Provide technical reservoir engineering guidance and mentoring across the asset implementation team.
- Integrate data and observations across disciplines to relate field observations to fundamental physical reservoir behavior.
- Work as a team with various disciplines to implement a multi-rig drilling program.
- Observe/analyze field production data for subsurface performance trends and reservoir management implications.
- Provide well level reservoir performance results and insights to the Planning Reservoir Engineer .
- Design, implement and post audit pilot tests and data gathering activities.
- Identify and develop business improvement opportunities to improve/optimize the completion design and access to reserves.
- Deep Reservoir Engineering expertise in fundamental principles of petroleum engineering. Should be able to demonstrate applications of analytical material balance, rate transient analysis, pressure transient analysis, wellbore modelling, and PI/IPR curve construction to rate and reserves estimation.
- Knowledge of geo-mechanical properties, fracture stimulation theory, and completion diagnostics.
- Strong problem-solving skills using reservoir engineering know-how to identify technical and business improvement opportunities.
- Experience implementing multi-rig drilling programs.
- Familiarity with production operations.
- Practiced at risk analysis and probabilistic economic analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a strategic and commercial level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 7+ years of experience including multiple years supporting unconventional assets.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, with good organizational & reasoning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and willing to learn other computer applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-discipline professionals and individuals at all levels.
Please apply via LinkedIN and be sure to attach a copy of your resume to be considered for the position.