|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Sr Geophysicist - Geophysical TechnologyJob Location: The Woodlands, TX Requisition ID: 6482 # of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
Anadarko is seeking a Senior Geophysicist with significant experience with all types of potential fields including: gravity, magnetics, FTG (full tensor gravity) and CSEM (controlled source electro-magnetic) data. While collaborating with international/domestic exploration and development Geoscientists, this exceptional candidate will interpret potential fields’ data and calibrate with seismic data to further the understanding of the subsurface in targeted areas. This position will join the Geoscience Technology group, which supports a wide variety of exploration and development projects across the world.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant geophysical experience is required, but 10+ years is highly preferred.
- Experience in seismic interpretation, seismic attribute analysis or seismic processing.
- Expert knowledge of acquisition, processing, and modeling of gravity, magnetic, FTG (full tensor gravity), and CSEM (controlled source electro-magnetic) data.
- Expert knowledge of processes and methodologies utilized in regional to prospect level evaluation and interpretation of potential fields data to use to calibrate with 2D & 3D seismic.
- Strong fundamental geoscience skillset, with strengths in 2D/3D seismic integration plus tectonic restoration.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives verbally in presentations and in written reports.
- Excellent collaborative and coordination skills for working effectively with high-functioning, multi-disciplinary teams (Geoscientists, Petrophysicists and Reservoir Engineers).
- Familiarity with seismic processing, depth imaging, velocity modeling and seismic attribute generation.
- Willingness to mentor less experienced geoscience staff.
- Plans and executes acquisition and processing programs for different types of potential fields’ data.
- Evaluates the quality and validity of purchased speculative potential field data.
- Collaborates with exploration and development geoscientists to use potential fields’ data to reduce geologic risk associated with better understanding of crustal type (oceanic, continental or transition), salt thickness, depth to basement, basement lineaments, etc.
- Helps teams appraise new exploration basins with little to no well calibration.
- Generates regional scale geologic interpretations using potential fields, seismic data and information from key wells in recommended areas of interest to management.
- Performs prospect level modeling in support of exploration activities and prospect development.
- Works with other Anadarko teams to plan, execute and evaluate exploration wells.
- Represents the company at partner and government technical committee meetings.
- Helps evaluate outside proposals and advise teams and management of technical details.
Master’s or PhD degree required in geology, geophysics or physics.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 10%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.