|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
A mid-level Geophysicist in the International Exploration team to work as part of an integrated team to evaluate new venture concepts, conduct integrated subsurface interpretations, and generate new exploration concepts and drillable prospects.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Develop new exploration opportunities in assigned areas through integrated interpretations of regional geophysical, geological and well data to identify new plays and present recommendations for capture.
- Work in a collaborative environment with an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, commercial & other operational support groups
- Interpret 2-D and 3-D seismic data utilizing state of the art geophysical techniques
- Conduct block and prospect specific evaluations to define prospective areas, play fairways and to position exploratory well locations
- Plan & supervise the acquisition and processing of geophysical data.
- Participate in evaluation of potential acquisition and farm-in opportunities
- Maintain awareness of technological developments and evaluate deployment of fit-for-purpose new technology
- Generate and present concise reports of work completed as needed to document results and for partner and governmental reporting.
- Work with data management team to support effective G&G data archiving and management.
- Participate in peer reviews and professional mentoring of less experienced staff
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Geophysics
- 10-15 years of experience concentrated in international exploration
- Strong interpretation workstation skills: IHS-Kingdom software preferred
- Applied ArcGIS and data-management skills
- Broad-based understanding of applied Geophysics including AVO, inversion & attribute analysis as well as integration of potential fields and velocity data
- Exposure to integrated basin analysis and play fairway mapping workflows
- Prospect generation, reserve estimation, and field appraisal.
- A strong geological background including complex structural styles preferred
- Maintaining positive relationships with governments, government entities, and partners
- Creative data integrator and idea generator
- Ability to work in an integrated, multi-disciplinary team
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks / areas of responsibility concurrently with large scale data organization, integration & synthesis requirements
- Concisely present technical concepts and recommendations
- Travel internationally as required
Job LocationDallas, Texas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular