|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
This position will be located in the Houston office working with the recently formed Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies group. Anadarko is seeking an exceptional candidate who will work with our domestic and global business units to develop and implement innovative approaches to reservoir characterization and full-cycle unconventional asset maturation. This is a highly visible role and it will span across both our offshore deepwater and onshore unconventional assets. The successful candidate will:
- 8+ years’ experience in the petroleum industry as a Geophysicist with extensive experience in onshore seismic acquisition and advanced interpretation techniques
- Defined skills with one or more programming languages (eg. Python, C/C++, MATLAB)
- Work effectively with high-functioning, multidisciplinary technical team
- Function independently, handle multiple projects and be self-driven to explore for creative and innovative solutions
- Expertise in near-surface related imaging issues and noise attenuation tools, AVO and pre-stack seismic inversion techniques, and the application of multi-attributes for characterization and distribution of reservoir quality and geomechanical properties
- Experience in varied depositional and geographic settings is required. Experience in the DJ and Permian Basin is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, in order to effectively deploy value added technologies across the organization.
- Exposure to advanced analytical and machine learning methods is a plus
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of Petrophysicists, Geoscientists, Reservoir Modelers, Reservoir Engineers and Data Scientists
- Seek to reduce workflow bottlenecks by recognizing tool and workflow improvement opportunities spanning across multiple disciplines
- Apply innovative machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to well and 3D seismic data for advanced interpretation techniques within the near-surface and subsurface
- Generate innovative solutions that integrate seismic-based sequence stratigraphy, petrophysics, geomechanical, and dynamic reservoir data with advanced analytical techniques for resource evaluations and development optimization
- Work with Data Science and Geoscience Technology teams to develop advanced Geophysical workflows for deployment to business units across the globe.
B.S., M.S. or PhD degree in geology or geophysics is required. M.S. or PhD, highly preferred.
The position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is up to 0-15%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.