|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||January 3, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
SR. GEOPHYSICAL ADVISORLocation: Houston, TX Education: M.S. Degree in Geoscience or higher Experience:
- Technical excellence in AVO, Inversion and Lithology & Fluid Prediction
- Integration of well logs into the geophysical work-flow (rock physics, synthetic modeling, fluid substitution etc)
- Ability to integrate geological and geophysical data for prospect analysis, including risk/resource evaluations
- Network of contacts with academic consortia, contractors and other companies
- Understanding of seismic processing techniques for supra and sub-salt imaging; ability to execute small-scale in-house specialty reprocessing as required
- Proven ability to oversee processing projects would be an advantage
- Minimum 15 years with an exploration and production company in a variety of basin settings.
- Working in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico or other Deepwater depositional environments.
- Championing QI & Processing Geophysics within Murphy
- Maintaining technical excellence and promoting the appropriate advanced techniques across the company
- Undertaking specialist geophysical projects in-house and framing, and overseeing, external projects
Candidate will provide specialist technical support across Murphy’s Exploration and Production teams, working at all scales from basin screening to prospect to detailed reservoir and fluid definition.
The role requires good personal communication and influencing skills, and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. This position will be required to routinely present to Senior and Executive Management, partners, and regulatory officials.
The position is based in Houston but overseas travel to Murphy offices, partner meetings and conferences will be required.
As a geophysical advisor, the candidate will be expected to adhere to Murphy’s best practices and advise, assist, and mentor other geoscientists within the team.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.