|Location||The Woodlands, Texas|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Sr Geomechanical Reservoir Engineer - Completions TechnologyJob Location: The Woodlands, TX Requisition ID: 5770 # of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
Geomechanical Reservoir Engineer Advisor for Global Engineering Technology Group
- Minimum of 8+ years’ with 15+ years’ experience being preferred in the petroleum industry as a Geophysicist or Reservoir Engineer with geomechanical applications.
- Qualified candidates should have significant background in conducting coupled reservoir / geomechanical 3-D, 3-P (black oil, compositional) simulation studies with a working knowledge of hydraulic fracturing applied to unconventional reservoir development and optimization.
- Candidate should have experience synthesizing disparate data sources (3d seismic, MicroSeismic, Stimulation Treatment, Flowback, Production, etc.). Knowledge of well testing and PVT phase behavior packages for equation of state development and performance analysis and forecasting of complex reservoir systems including unconventional reservoirs are highly desirable.
- Position will require traditional wellbore stability and reservoir compaction studies for Deepwater & International areas.
- Position requires strong analytical skills and sound business awareness.
- Expertise in engineering, geological and geophysical reservoir characterization, earth modelling, and reservoir optimization: and the ability to design, implement and execute data acquisition programs from field to laboratories, specifically in the area of special core analysis for geomechanical properties.
- Unconventional tight gas, shale resources, Deepwater, and International experience are highly desirable.
- Experienced team leader and strong team player.
- Ability to function independently, self-driven.
- Possess an appreciation for business and commercial drivers in technically driven workflows. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in support role in a Technology organization building solid working relationships with operating asset teams.
- Qualified candidates will have the ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary environment, mentor teams, and effectively integrate across disciplines; will have the ability to provide direction on strategy and planning for mid to long lead time development projects; and effectively deploy value added technologies and best practices in an operating environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum, Geomechanical, Geophysics and/or Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering or scientific discipline is required, with a PhD strongly preferred.
This position is may be eligible for domestic or international relocation.
10 - 20 % domestic and international travel anticipated to operating assets at other Anadarko locations.
This position may be eligible for the 9/80 work schedule