|Date Posted||May 28, 2019|
Job Title : SR. GEOLOGISTReference Code : OG-7000918CompanyQatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QPs strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing aboveall: Excellence.DepartmentGAS FIELD DEVELOPMENTPrimary purpose of job Coordinates and controls the acquisition of geological data by joint venture companies and constructs, updates and evaluates geological models in support of reservoir characterization and reservoir simulation studies.Experience & Skills• At least 15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry practicing relevant geological and petrophysical analysis, for hydrocarbon reservoirs.
• Field development and reservoir characterization background are highly recommended.
• Carbonate reservoir experience is highly recommended.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Should have a demonstrated ability to perform as an effective teammember in a multidisciplinary team.
•Should have the ability to guide and help more junior members of the geosciences team.
• Should have a demonstrated ability to perform as an effective team member in a multidisciplinary team.
• Experienced user of various Oil and Gas subsurface applications (e.g. Landmark, Petrel, Petrosys) and general office applications.Education• BSc or MS in Geology.
• Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).