|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Position Summary: Geotechnically
Geotechnically evaluate an assigned area to identify and assess exploration and development of oil and gas plays. Design and coordinate geotechnical evaluation workflow and supervise/assist junior geoscientists. Work in a multi-disciplinary team and provide geologic interpretations to assist the team with well positioning, planning, drilling, evaluation, and completion. Office duties consist of literature searches, database compilation and maintenance, and generation of maps, cross-sections, and presentations to illustrate prospective areas for
Work in a multi-disciplinary team and provide geologic interpretations to assist the team with well positioning, planning, drilling, evaluation, and completion.
Office duties consist of literature searches, database compilation and maintenance, and generation of maps, cross-sections, and presentations to illustrate prospective areas for location of wells. Other office duties are planning development of company acreage through
Other office duties are planning development of company acreage through integration of multi-disciplinary data and interpretations (including geophysical interpretations) to maximize efficiency of hydrocarbon extraction and opportunity risking and ranking. Well recommendations and prognoses will be prepared after determination of well locations. Review and recommend improvements to well evaluation programs. Prepare and present geotechnical reports to staff and senior management.
May lead project and/or act in a liaison capacity between other departments, divisions, or outside organizations.
· Evaluate oil and gas play potential for an assigned area.
· Generate pertinent maps and cross-sections to illustrate prospect assessment, well location selection, and property development plans using geologic interpretation software.
· Collaborate with land, regulatory, drilling engineering, operational engineering, and reservoir engineering to site and permit wells, plan and cost estimate drilling and completion, and economically analyze proposed wells.
· Prepare well recommendations with geologic and geophysical support data and interpretations and risk/reserve analysis to accompany the AFE.
· Coordinate and monitor/supervise operational geology duties which include directing and monitoring mudlogging services or wellsite cuttings analysis, core point selection, open-hole logging quality control, open-hole log evaluation, geosteering (horizontal wells), post well reporting and data dissemination, and completion recommendation.
· Plan, cost estimate, and coordinate geochemical and petrographic analyses.
· Undertake detailed reservoir characterization that integrates rock geochemical, petrophysical, and geophysical data to better evaluate and model complex mineralogic unconventional and poor quality conventional reservoir targets.
· Evaluate and recommend testing technologies and concepts (both new and established) which could improve well results.
· Monitor competitor activity through commercial, state, company, or scout reports/presentations and data trades to improve Range's operations and play evaluation.
· Mentor junior geoscientists.
· Special Projects as assigned.
Being courteous, cooperative, and helpful are conditions of employment with Range. Additionally, each item listed below is an essential function of this position.
• Regular and timely attendance
• Deal professionally and respectfully with coworkers, management and others
• Read, comprehend and follow applicable policies, procedures and directions
• Work with others as part of a team to ensure efficient operations and enhanced productivity
• Safeguard confidential information and disclose only to those in "need-to-know" positions
• Safeguard and enhance Range's assets and business interests
• Consistently perform all job duties at an acceptable level
Minimum Education: BS in Geology; MS in Geology preferred
Minimum Experience: 8+ years
Oil & Gas Exp Required: Yes
Skills: Full knowledge of geological theories and principles. Proven experience in subsurface mapping, petrophysical and geochemical analysis, and modeling. Proficient in geologic software. Strong communication skills.
Equipment/Machinery: Petra, Geographix, TerrVu, SES, Microsoft Office Products, HDS, AFEMS, HIS, stat well databases, Spotfire
Working Conditions: This position predominantly works in a climate controlled office environment. It may occasionally be required to work in the field and be subjected to seasonal field conditions ranging from normal to extreme temperature and weather conditions.
Physical Requirements : Data Entry, Filing, Sitting, Typing, Vision, Writing
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status