|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2017|
Trinity Operating is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S.
Position Specific Description
This position is part of the Gas Infrastructure team. NextEra Energy is the largest utility consumer in the United States of natural gas to generate electricity; in 2014, we used 736 Bcf of natural gas. The economics of natural gas are critical to nearly every one of the company’s businesses. NextEra Energy began investing in shale gas production in 2008, and today has more than $1 billion deployed in several shales around the country.
This position will be based in Houston. The ideal candidate will be a geoscientist capable of regional studies and basic seismic interpretation. We seek a highly driven, pragmatic individual capable of identifying acquisition targets, creating development plans and supporting day to day operations.
This job works as a member of an integrated team to identify and evaluate hydrocarbon zones of interest for development by the NextEra Gas Infrastructure group. The primary focus will be on established unconventional plays onshore in the US. Employees in this role will provide a basis for prediction of ultimate hydrocarbon recovery by integrating petrophysical analysis from well log and core data with regional trends and performance history.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works as a member of an integrated team with reservoir engineers, technical specialists, deal generation and operations
• Applies familiarity with basic and advanced logging tools to conduct basic petrophysical analysis
• Builds type curves for new plays
• Generates structure, isopach and net pay maps
• Supports reserves determination and economic evaluations
• Has knowledge of drilling/completion and well operations
• Mentors less experienced team members and interns
• Conducts all activities in line with NextEra values
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Other
Organization: Trinity Operating, LLC. (0060)
Location: Houston, Texas
Other Work Locations: Texas
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable