|Location||Fort Worth, United States|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
The Geologist, Senior is responsible for identifying and assessing oil and gas resources, as well as reviewing and recommending drilling prospects, for the company. Functions as a technical expert for the department. The Geologist, Senior is responsible for varied geological assignments requiring a broad knowledge of a geological specialty.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the location, quantity, and quality of gas and oil resources
- Acts as a department/area exploration specialist; has the ability to perform a thorough integrated subsurface evaluation of all pertinent data
- Generates and updates geologic maps, models, cross-sections, and presentations
- Provides geological information, interpretations, and recommendations for prospectuses, broker meetings, proposed drilling programs, and JV Partnerships
- Key reviewer of drilling prospects, acreage prospects, acreage and asset acquisitions, etc.
- Has a working knowledge of wellsite geology and subsurface methods, seismic methods, land operations, and engineering and production methods
- Working knowledge of conventional and unconventional assets throughout multiple domestic basins
- Recommends new geologic approaches, techniques or further investigations; proficient in prospect risk and probability analysis
- Supports environmental and compliance efforts including water sampling, inspections, and reporting
- Any other job-related duty as deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications & Work Environment:
- 4-Year Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- Geophysics or related field of study
- 6+ years of relevant (transferable) experience
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Skill in the use of computer software and geologic software (PETRA, ARC-GIS, Geographix)
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
Work is primarily based in the office, with some field activity, based on a 9/80 work schedule. Frequently requires the following physical abilities:
- Repetitive Arm/Hand Movement