|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||September 3, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
- Conventional oil and natural gas company with operations in the U.S. and Canada
- Publicly traded company, founded less than 20 years ago
- Employs under 1000 employees
Your Role with the Company:
The Sr. Geologist will work with multi-disciplinary teams within the Geoscience, Engineering and Land teams to evaluate and generate prospects within assigned areas and recommend go-forward proposals to the company. The candidate will be expected to develop and leverage existing networks within the U.S. oil and gas industry as a potential source of new opportunities and partnerships.
Other qualifications and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Subsurface mapping of structure, stratigraphic, hydrocarbon saturation, geochemistry and producing potential of operated and non-operated acreage which will be used to assemble the drilling schedule and AFE election decisions.
- Develop growth opportunities through land acquisition and exploration.
- Evaluate assets for acquisition and divestment.
- Develop and execute petrophysical models to refine interpretation of producing potential and OOIP.
- Prepare and present prospect presentations for management review.
- Evaluate prospects to validate pre-existing interpretations and play concepts as well as creating new interpretations (i.e. depositional environment models, type logs, structure maps, isopach maps, cross sections, qualitative well log/mud log/core analysis, annotated bubble maps, etc.
- Manage and coordinate geological well site geosteering and mudlogging for horizontal drilling program.
- B.S. degree in Geology required.
- U.S. professional Geologist designation.
- Minimum of 10 years of geological and oil and gas experience specific to the basins within the U.S. Rockies region.
- Exploration and development mapping skills are required.
- Working knowledge of basic engineering techniques and applications specific to drilling, completions, reservoir and exploitation methods.
- Horizontal drilling program supervision and project management skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, Petra, or equivalent.
- Strong presentation skills are essential.