|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The Senior Geologist will be located in the Midland, TX office working with the Delaware Basin Subsurface Characterization team. Anadarko is seeking a Geologist who has strong geologic mapping skills to interpret and incorporate 2D/3D seismic interpretations, as well as, significant experience with field development, well log analysis and integrating multiple streams of geologic data to build regional interpretations and depositional models.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the petroleum industry as a geoscientist
- Practical knowledge and experience working in conventional/unconventional development and field appraisal environments.
- Proficient working knowledge of processes and methodologies utilized in regional to prospect level evaluation including: play and petroleum systems analysis, prospect generation and recommendation, exploration and delineation well planning and drilling, and post-drill analysis.
- Strong fundamental geoscience skillset, with strengths in well log analysis and interpretation, regional geologic interpretation and mapping, the ability to interpret and integrate 2D/3D seismic data and familiarity with the integration of core, geochemical, and other various streams of geologic and reservoir information.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives verbally; in presentations and in written reports.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills for working in a multi-disciplined, high activity, and fast-paced team environment.
- Generate regional stratigraphic correlations, building regional depositional models, and creation of mapped interpretations on petrophysical, mechanical, and reservoir properties, production, and volumetrics for the Wolfcamp and Bone Spring intervals.
- Utilize mapped products, core and key well data to generate tier maps and identification of sweet spots in order to recommend areas of interest to management for formation appraisal testing and further exploration.
- Collaborate with other Anadarko teams and disciplines to design, execute, and appraise target formation and spacing test programs in order to define the most efficient and effective field wide development recipe.
- Represent the company at partner and government technical committee meetings.
- Evaluate outside submittals/proposals and advise management of technical details.
B.S., M.S. or PhD degree in geology or geophysics is required. M.S. or PhD, highly preferred.
The position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is up to 0-15%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.