|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Sr Geologist - Advanced Analytics and Emerging TechnologiesJob Location: The Woodlands, TX Requisition ID: 6129 # of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
This position will be located in the Houston office working with the recently formed Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies group. Anadarko is seeking an exceptional candidate who will work with our domestic and global business units to develop innovative approaches to Reservoir Characterization and Geologic Modeling. This is a highly visible role and it will span across both our offshore deepwater and onshore unconventional assets.
- 8+ years’ experience in the petroleum industry as a geologist with integrated reservoir characterization and modeling expertise in a wide range of depositional systems.
- Work effectively with high-functioning, multidisciplinary technical team.
- Function independently, handle multiple projects and be self-driven to explore for creative and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in reservoir characterization techniques including data analysis, geostatistical methods, uncertainty and optimization techniques.
- Working knowledge of Petrel and expertise developing automated, integrated workflows for resource assessments, reservoir characterization, appraisal and producing assets.
- Experience modeling deepwater and unconventional reservoirs.
- Experience in varied depositional and geographic environments is required. Experience in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, and Permian Basin is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, in order to effectively deploy value added technologies across the organization.
- Exposure to advanced analytical and machine learning methods is a plus.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages is a plus (Python, C/C++, MATLAB, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of Petrophysicists, Geoscientists, Reservoir Modelers, Reservoir Engineers and Data Scientists.
- Seek to reduce workflow bottlenecks between disciplines by recognizing tool and workflow improvement opportunities spanning across multiple disciplines.
- Generate fit-for-purpose geologic models that seamlessly integrate sequence stratigraphy, petrophysics, geomechanical, and dynamic reservoir data.
- Work with Data Science and Geoscience Technology teams to develop advanced uncertainty quantification workflows to be deployed to business units across the globe.
Bachelor's degree required in Geology or closely related earth sciences discipline, with a M.S. or PhD Degree being preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation
Travel will be required up to 10%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule