|Location||San Antonio, United States|
|Date Posted||February 5, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
Apache is seeking a geologist with a minimum of 10-15 years of experience to perform in depth geologic analyses of various resource and unconventional plays in North America. Successful candidate will identify and evaluate the exploration potential and make recommendations on growth opportunities for the company. An in depth knowledge of North American unconventional and resource plays is required. The ability to work as an individual and then lead a multidisciplinary project team through the exploration and appraisal phases of the project will be required. As a senior member of the staff mentoring of the junior members of the staff will be an important auxiliary role.
The successful candidate will construct sound regional frameworks to generate and evaluate play prospectivity throughout North America. Integration of geologic play concepts and models into multi-disciplinary projects is essential and therefore experience in unconventional play analysis is required. Additional required skills include the ability to design, manage, and interpret geologic data acquisition programs and be current on new technologies. The candidate will create and participate in multidisciplinary projects and present defensible business recommendations to senior management.
Education: Minimum of a B.S. in Geology, Geophysics, or Engineering, and relevant experience (MS and/or PhD preferred)
Experience: The successful candidate must have a minimum of 10-15 years petroleum industry experience as a geologist and/or geochemist. The candidate should have experience leading technical / project teams, and interacting closely with other geoscientists and engineers.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Expert knowledge of conventional and unconventional reservoirs and their analysis
- The ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information is essential.
- Excellent communication skills - present formally to management and effectively communicate work procedures to relevant personnel.
- Ability to work and lead within an integrated multi-disciple team.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A mature and professional attitude - capable of directing the work of others and being directed as required.