|Location||State College, Pennsylvania|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
The Senior Director, Reservoir Engineering will be responsible for oversight of all reservoir engineering activities in assets operated by Rex Energy. This position will provide direct reservoir engineering support to assigned regional Business Units. The Senior Director, Reservoir Engineering will oversee the corporate reserves determination and reporting processes.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
2. 10+ years’ experience in oil & gas production.
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience in Unconventional Reservoirs.
4. Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with the SEC Reserves process.
5. Minimum 5 years’ experience managing others.
1. Responsible for oversight of mid-year and year-end SEC proved reserves preparation and reporting.
2. Coordinate all activities with third party Reserve Engineering firms to complete year-end and mid-year reserve forecasts.
3. Lead discussions and present the reserve reports to the bank group.
4. Oversee the actions and activities of the company’s reservoir engineering department. Work with reservoir engineering team to develop and execute strategies for the company’s operating areas. Responsible for maintaining economic models for all company operations.
5. Analyze intelligence to prepare and present opportunities to executive team and/or board of directors for review and/or evaluation.
6. Proficiency with economic modeling software (ARIES preferred)
7. Ability to concisely and effectively communicate (interpersonal and written) across all levels of the organization. Effectively lead and achieve results from a multifunctional, dispersed workforce.
8. Ability to interpret lease operating statements, track business performance, and make course correction recommendations as needed.
9. Proficient in Windows and all MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
10. Valid driver’s license.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages company’s reservoir engineering activities.
• Leads reservoir analysis in support of regional developmental activity. Recommends development opportunities that monetize the company’s probable and possible reserve base.
• Leads technical teams in creating long-term development plans for major assets.
• Evaluates and initiates exploitation opportunities including acquisition and new development.
• Performs field and reservoir studies.
• Provides economic evaluations including calculation of estimated reserves, costs and cash flow projects (ARIES).
• Performs post-well evaluations of projected reserves and production. • Works with third-party reserve firm and staff reservoir engineers in preparing SEC year-end reserves.
• Assists in expense and capital budget process.
• Provides reservoir engineering support for acquisition opportunities.
• Evaluates new properties, develop enhancement project plans and oversee implementation of plans.
• Works with Operations personnel to develop operations engineering skills.
• Support business development opportunities in analyzing acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
Manages the Reservoir Team of employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.