|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Sr. Development Geologist
The Development Geologist will report to the Development Manager, and will provide subsurface support to the creation and optimization of a field development plan for a Permian Basin unconventional asset. The Moss Creek asset area is a significant Spraberry and Wolfcamp shale development, with a sustained multi-rig horizontal well development plan in progress. This role will have the responsibility to integrate geological, petrophysical, and geophysical data into an assessment of reservoir productivity across the company acreage, and will work with a multi-disciplinary team to tailor an appraisal and development plan across the asset area. A key portion of this role will be working in close integration with a studies reservoir engineer tasked with developing insights into geological controls on well performance, and tools and techniques to make predictions for future performance. These forecasting tools will likely include detailed 3D numerical models, and the development geologist will provide key inputs to the development of the models.
- Ability to integrate core data, logs, and seismic with depositional system interpretations, in order create well defined mapped scenarios of subsurface rock property distributions
- Ability to translate interpreted subsurface mapped scenarios into high quality 3D models
- Ability to work with Reservoir and Completions Engineering to define the appropriate development strategy based on the geologic scenarios, incorporating risk, uncertainty, and contingency planning
- Experience with unconventional reservoirs (Permian Basin preferred)
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- A strategic mindset, with the ability to define probabilities, risks, and contingencies
- Integrate geologic interpretation of key subsurface, seismic, and well performance data to identify geologic controls on well performance and drainage area
- Petrophysical log interpretations to define rock properties key to well performance
- Build and define an appraisal and development plan with a multi-disciplinary team, incorporating risk, uncertainty, and with flexibility to accommodate various subsurface scenarios
- Quantification of subsurface risks and uncertainties, and their impact on development planning
- Develop resource estimates across the asset area, preparing appropriate maps
- Support reservoir engineering modelling efforts including development of geo-models
- Plan and coordinate subsurface data gathering programs
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience including multiple years supporting unconventional assets.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, with good organizational & reasoning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and willing to learn other computer applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-discipline professionals and individuals at all levels.
Please apply via LinkedIN and be sure to attach a copy of your resume to be considered for the position.