|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2017|
The Rock Ridge Geologist handles moderately complex geological assignments on a relatively independent basis, coordinating efficient development while integrating across the Permian region geological team. Actively assist in the well planning process to optimize well locations using all petro physical, geological and geophysical data. Make recommendations concerning well-bore adjustments, such as drilling angles, in order to reach certain geographic pay zones and targets. May train less experienced Geologists.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Integrate geological work with geophysical and reservoir engineering analysis to provide unified integrated interpretations
- Plan, coordinate and ensure QA /QC for all wells in assigned area, including generating pre-drill geologic prognosis, logging programs, hazard analysis, surveying, permitting, directional planning, economic evaluation, AFE processing
- Oversee drill execution for the asset team including logging, evaluation, MWD and mud log planning / evaluation
- Analyze log data, correlate log tops, generate control points, update mapping systems
- Provide detailed depositional models within a regional sequence stratigraphic framework
- Work with engineers on understanding and developing recompletion potential
- Participate in acreage evaluations
- Data management: load digital and interpreted data into Geographix/PETRA
- Support the Asset Team by participating in reserve booking data collections & discussions, completion recommendations, SWD candidate evaluations, quarterly reviews with upper management, budget planning and special mapping projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary new venture / Asset Teams and participate in peer review assessment of resource plays
- Monitor industry operational activity and make recommendations accordingly
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities
Proficient level of skill in Microsoft Office. Proficient knowledge and utilization of geological mapping software (PETRA), and Geo-steering software. Strong computer skill base. Basic knowledge of seismic interpretation software.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Strong knowledge of fundamental geological principles, techniques, modifications and extension of theories. Ability to generate novel ideas and leads in maturing areas of resource plays. Ability to assist with petro physical analysis. Experience geo-steering horizontal wells. Knowledge in mapping and structural geology. Good understanding of reservoir engineering. Well-versed in resource play evaluation methods and risk analysis. Develops understanding and knowledge of multiple basins/resource plays within a region.
M.S. degree in Geology or Geophysics is required.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in development/exploration Geology