|Date Posted||December 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Sr. Development Geologist
- Geological analysis of multiple reservoirs.
- Interpret and integrate well log, core, and test data into a reservoir model.
- Prognosis for G&G oversight of drilling wells with multiple targets while advising drilling engineers on geologic drilling hazards (unstable hole, faults, folds).
- Provide technical oversight for field geologist and mud loggers.
- Work with reservoir engineer to build and update the static reservoir descriptions.
- Work with reservoir engineer to select the optimum location for the development wells.
- Maintain and update reservoir maps with new well data and 3D seismic as needed.
- International travel as needed to well site and country office to support operations.
- Responsible for working with project reservoir engineering team and Central Reservoir Engineering Group to construct and maintain reservoir model and document reserves.
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate recommendations to management and personnel at the rig site.
- Strong ability to work in an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
- Technical supervision skills plus ability to mentor younger staff.
- Good presentation skills, powerpoint, written and verbal.
- Integrated geological/geophysical workstation interpretation skills: SMT/Kingdom and/or Petrel.
- A master’s degree in the geosciences (Geology or Geophysics).
- Experience with carbonate depositional processes and fractured carbonate reservoirs.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a development geologist – International experience preferred.
- Experience drilling vertical and horizontal wells in complex structural environments.
- Strong structural geology background preferred.
- Integrate well data and 3D seismic to define petroleum system and reservoir parameters in field and region.
- 2-D and 3-D seismic interpretation SMT/Kingdom workstation experience.
- Basic understanding of drilling practices.