|Location||Houston, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
HoustonPermanentJob description/Person specification
The Senior Application Engineer/Geophysicist is responsible leading a project team to delivery commercial products and services. They are to work closely with the sales, operations, engineering team and customer to manage the delivery of assigned projects. They will perform duties of planning, executing and completing projects. They are accountable to ensure quality and delivery of all technical aspects of the service.
The Senior Application Engineer/Geophysicist will direct a field team for the acquisition, data processing, data analysis and report writing for a project. They are typically required to go to the field during start-up of large projects, and when necessary to provide field support to the team.
The Senior Application Engineer/Geophysicist has strong understanding of the product lines and applies their knowledge and skills for advance analysis and interpretation. They are to assist the Regional Technical Manager, engineering team and R&D; team for improving and innovating novel solutions. They are to assists in the design, testing and applying signal processing workflows with the engineering team.
The Senior Application Engineer/Geophysicist is required to work in the office to collaborate with clients on designing and planning field programs and developing procedures. They are to communicate and assisting project team with data processing, report writing and prepare final deliverables.
Upon completion of projects, the Senior Application Engineer/Geophysicist may be asked present data and results to customers either in person or via Skype/Webex.
1. Preform and organize planning, executing and delivery of commercial projects and support client interactions throughout the process.
2. Build and implement standard procedures and workflows with OptaSense technical team and provide feedback to management to improve quality and efficiency.
3. Support a project team for activities of data QC, processing, analysis, and interpretation to ensure high quality of service.
4. Write procedures for all aspects of field projects related to pre-job, site operations and post-job of a product or service.
5. Assist with the deployment of technical workflows and procedures developed by OptaSense and provide feedback to management to improve quality and efficiency where necessary.
6. Oversee the activities of other members apart of a project team for data and report delivery.
7. Provide training to others within the technical team.
8. Present results and interpretations to client in front of a group.
9. Approximately 20-50% of the time will be spent in the field and may include 12+ hour shifts on longer term deployments.
10. Drive company vehicles and tow trailer when necessary.
11. Ability to work evenings and weekends depending on business needs and work long hours when necessary to reach goals.
12. Adhere to and implement all OptaSense and client HSE policies and procedures; to include regulatory requirements.
13. Conduct risk assessments, ensuring that the methods and systems of work are performed in a safe manner.
14. Conduct and participate in OptaSense and client safety meetings when necessary.
15. Abide by OptaSense reporting and document retention procedures.
16. Assist with accident investigations where appropriate.
17. Abide by OptaSense driving policies as well as abide by the regulations of the Department of Transportation.
18. Demonstrate HSE leadership and environmental stewardship.
19. Responsible for stopping the job if tasked to do unsafe work or observes someone else working unsafely.
20. Adhere to OptaSense and regulatory substance abuse policy.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills for planning and executing commercial projects and supporting client interactions.
2. Solid analytical, problem-solving and soft skills for directing a project team with the goals of 100% service and quality.
3. Have in-depth knowledge of field activities and processes for application of DAS/DTS services.
4. Self-motivated and strong team player.
5. Able to travel for international deployments.
6. Ability to use standard office equipment such as phone, copier, email, computer and Microsoft office packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
7. Must be able to perform duties within the following environments:
o All outdoor weather conditions.
o Occasionally work near of moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places, around fumes or airborne particles, high pressure fluids, toxic chemicals and moderate levels of noise.
o Adapt to changes in work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
8. While performing duties of this job:
o Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
o Frequently talk or hear.
o Occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
o Must have corrected 20/20 vision, able to identify and distinguish colors, possess depth perception, and able to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Bachelor's or master’s degree in geophysics, petroleum engineering, electrical engineering or related discipline.
2. 5+ years direct experience in delivering DAS/DTS acquisition/processing products and services within the oil and gas industry.
3. 5-10 years of related experience in upstream oil & gas environment for reservoir, completions, production or well abandonment for monitoring and surveillance.
4. Experience with signal and image processing of data.
5. Proficient or understanding of MATLAB and/or Python.
6. Proficient in frac and reservoir modelling packages or seismic processing packages.
7. Proficient with various common O&G; Industry standard protocols including Modbus (RS-232/485), TCP/IP, OPC and Master/Slave communication protocols.
8. International deployment experience an asset.
9. Valid Driver’s license is required.