|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Job Title: Specialist Reservoir Engineer
Location: Abu Dhabi
1) Minimum Master's Degree in Reservoir / Petroleum Engineering. Ph.D. Degree in Reservoir / Petroleum Engineering is a plus
2) Proven ability and success working within multi-disciplinary and multi ethnic teams.
3) Large development project experience. Carbonate and Middle Eastern experience is a plus
4) Recent hands on expertise of full field and sector simulation modeling and sensitivity analysis
5) Minimum 15 years Reservoir Engineering including proficiency with reservoir engineering core softwares (Eclipse, Petrel RE, PanSystem, OFM, PipeSim, Questor and etc.), volumetric analysis, material balance, well performance & monitoring, risk & uncertainty analysis.
6) High level of English proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Basic Function and Scope:
- To act as the technical focal point for all information and technical support in the area of the Reservoir development and management group activities
- To define the requirements of the process of approval and implementation of the development plans in the short, medium and long terms according to ADNOC’s management guidelines.
- To report detailed technical justification required to ensure applying best practice of reservoir management and simulation modeling based on cutting-edge technology aimed at producing the ultimate oil recovery with minimum cost and risk.
Task, Duties and Accountabilities:
1) Be able to guide & motivate and provide reservoir engineering coaching and mentoring support to reservoir engineers. Be proactive in contributing to current knowledge and transfer of technology through undertaking of internal trainings
2) Leads assessment of the feasibility of the ongoing and planned activities relevant to the full field reservoir development plans, and provide technical basis required for management decision.
3) Participates in all technical milestone meetings with Shareholders and OPCOs in order to update management with solution on the key issues for approval of development plans and strategic objectives.
4) Supervises work and prepare detailed technical reports for management on fields’ development plans.
5) Takes lead role in the initial build and maintenance of the active full field dynamic simulation modeling effort for the field
6) Utilises reservoir simulation models for field development planning, monitoring and forecasting
7) Defines detailed mechanism and criteria for QA/QC of the full field simulation studies to ensure quality deliverables according to the worldwide best practice before final approval of any field development plans.
8) Initiates new methods and procedures to enhance the department performance, including staff appraisal and assessment of fields’ development plans and modeling technology.
9) Leads plans for follow up to ensure the added values of new drilling based on the optimum number, location and trajectories.
10) Leads work to review OPCOs and consultants reports and provide comments and recommendations.
11) Identify and manage key subsurface uncertainties
70% of time spending using PC, Work involves travel 30% to site for discussion, office workshops for regular subsurface department meetings. Healthy and capable to deal with computer hardware and software with no major visual difficulties.
If you find this opportunity suitable for you, please provide me with an updated resume in Word Format and also kindly provide me with the following details for further process.
Total years of work Experience:
Years of Experience in Oil & Gas Industry:
Years of Experience in Reservoir Engineering:
Current Basic salary in USD / Month:
Expected Basic salary USD / Month:
Nationality / Dual Nationality:
Date of Birth: (In DD/ MM/ YYYY)
Best Contact Number:
If not interested, please kindly refer your friends and colleagues for this position.
Thanks & Regards,