|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About this role: A highly motivated Unconventional resources Senior Reservoir Engineer is needed to evaluate ongoing production activities, and optimize our forward Development Plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1.Co-ordinate integrated teams to monitor well performance and make recommendations to improve production and reserves
2. Study key areas of uncertainty that impact well performance (multi-phase effects, completion design, geomechanical effects etc). Recommend data acquisition plans to reduce the uncertainty. Recommend and implement changes to design and operations to improve production and reserves. Incorporate learnings into forecasting expectations of well performance.
3. Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations and make technical and economic recommendations
Experience and Qualifications:
- High standards of integrity; treats everyone fairly and with respect
- Strong integrator of information and analysis across functions. Collaborating with reservoir engineers, production engineers, geoscientists and completion engineers, drilling engineers, operations, finance and planners.
- Strong reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of well operations and geology to help optimize production and reserves. Practical application of reservoir engineering skill set born of experience from working on shale assets (Eagle Ford, Permian, and/or Haynesville) for at least four years.
- Applies knowledge and experience to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames
- Clearly communicates BHPB’s technical position, with well crafted and documented technical presentations/ interpretations
- Identifies key work areas for reservoir engineering based on new information
- Strong mentoring skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the upstream petroleum industry, and a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team