|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role:
A highly motivated Unconventional Resources Discipline Reservoir Engineer is needed for our operatedHawkville Field in our Eagle Ford Production Unit to evaluate ongoing production activities and optimize our forward Development Plan.
This position is a grade 10 role.
In this role you will:
- Monitor and analyse well and reservoir performance. Incorporate learnings into forecasting expectations (reserves estimates).
- Able to work independently, communicate results and makes recommendations supported by technically sound analysis and data.
- Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders, representing reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to form a view on: development plans, surveillance, design basis and operations.
- Perform technical assessment on investment evaluations, incorporating uncertainty of assumptions.
- Has a B.S., MS or PhD degree in an appropriate engineering discipline from an approved school.
- Practical application of reservoir engineering in Unconventional; 5-10 years of experience, including Unconventional
- Basic understanding of production engineering geoscience and economics.
- Able to work independently to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data.
- Competency in ARIES (Landmark).
- Familiar with RTA/ PTA.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS