|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2017|
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
A highly motivated reservoir engineer is needed to support the operated fields in the GoM PU. The incumbent will have strong functional reservoir engineering knowledge particularly in conventional reservoirs, to apply across key activities including reservoir surveillance, production forecasting, reserves estimation and opportunity evaluation. The incumbent will be required to interact with key stakeholders from other disciplines and technical functions and to coach early career engineers in the team.
In this role you will:
- Perform reservoir surveillance (including PTA) and production optimization through appropriate technical integration with other subsurface and surface disciplines.
- Production forecasting and reserves estimation for assigned reservoir(s) applying appropriate technical methods and multi-disciplined integration whilst ensuring alignment with technical functions.
- Long term depletion planning for assigned reservoir(s) including appropriate incorporation of surface and subsea network conditions and constraints.
- Opportunity evaluation and maturation for assigned reservoir(s) including technical integration with other disciplines and functions.
- Provide operations support to GOM operated Well Operations
- Coach and mentor early career engineers in the team.
- Strong reservoir engineering competency with some understanding of geoscience and production engineering competencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently but also good collaboration skills and strong integration of information and analysis across multiple disciplines and functions such as operations, projects, subsurface, drilling, completions, finance and planning.
- Strong preference for reservoir simulation experience (Eclipse) and some knowledge and independent application of other key subsurface methods and software packages such as assisted history matching (MEPO), integrated modeling (Petroleum Experts), PVT modeling (PVTSim) and decline curve analysis (OFM).
- Demonstrated strong Charter Values. Fosters an inclusive environment where new ideas are encouraged and valued at all levels.
- Ability to clearly communicate BHP Billiton's technical position through well thought-out technical presentations / materials for internal and external stakeholders including JV partners.
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
- The ability to develop mentoring and coaching skills is important.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS