|Date Posted||September 29, 2019|
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
· Demonstrates creativity and engineering judgment in solving engineering problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes.
· May assist in the design and implementation of reservoir and/or wellbore fluid treatment and placement applications.
· May apply fluid mechanics theory and design to the rheological characterization of fluids, flow modeling, solids transport, viscoelasticity, and friction.
· May apply geomechanics technologies in the areas of mini-frac analysis, formation sanding potential, wellbore stability assessment, pore pressure prediction, stress analysis and mechanical property determination.
· May apply reservoir engineering techniques in areas of production decline analysis, well test analysis, fluid flow in porous media, and production simulation.
· May perform basic numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation and model development utilizing existing commercial software.
· May develop basic chemical products and processes by providing chemical and engineering analysis applicable to need.
· May perform specialized tests and simulations including design and construction of modeling apparatus and data acquisition systems.
· May utilize existing software products to provide engineering solutions and may provide field support for existing software products.
· Participates in the planning and performance of project activities as directed by project leaders and management.
· Resolves technical/operational questions with internal customers.
· Assists with the development and preparation of technical training/presentations as called upon to provide technology transfer.
· Acquires thorough knowledge of the products, processes, and their application. Provides technical guidance to technicians and may be consulted in area of expertise by associates.
· Incorporates HSE awareness, regulations, best practices, product/process reliability and quality into the development of products and processes.
· Demonstrates innovation by contributing inventions, patents, or new designs/techniques which accomplish project goals.
· Participates in professional societies.
Scope of Job:
· Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
· Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, or similar discipline required
· Minimum of 2 years related experience required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
645 7th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 4G8, Canada
Requisition Number: 80654
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.