|Date Posted||September 21, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Reference Number: EB-1107195445.1
Location: Austin, TX US 1
We have been working for a Central Texas E&P for over 6 years and very much enjoyed being a key resource for their growth from just a few employees to 100’s over the years. They are recognized as a pre-imminent drilling operator with roots in oil and gas that date back to the mid 1930’s.
They have been prudent and decisive in their capital commitments to growth over the past 25+ years and are poised to continue that success as they move forward with the company initiative.
With a highly respected and dedicated management and operating team, they have and will continue to partner with other E&P’s to drive expansion through collaboration.
As a business, they understand that the only sustainable competitive advantage a company has is the quality of its people. In order to sustain that, they have established a very commutative and open environment as well as offer flexible schedule options so their employees can enjoy themselves as much away from the office as they do while they are at the office.
They are now looking to on-board a Senior Reservoir Engineer to their Resources team.
SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER
The job duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Provide reservoir engineering input on multi-pronged corporate growth strategy including leasing in core area, expanding existing Cleveland play concepts into new areas, new horizons such as Tonkawa and Marmaton in existing Cleveland footprint, and in and out of basin M&A and organic growth.
- Rank potential of new opportunities and existing development areas via comparison analysis of reservoir properties, working closely with geoscience team
- Assist in acquisition and divestment economics; generation of new opportunities
- Create and support actionable recommendations for future field development plans including primary and secondary development
- Team with others to perform inter-disciplinary integrated reservoir studies; secure, interpret and evaluate data and information from different disciplines; estimate reserves
- Demonstrate initiative by actively advising and updating management and colleagues on new technology and technology modifications
- Provide informal engineering leadership and mentoring to technical staff
- Maintain an active presence in industry associations such as SPE.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education: BS in Petroleum Engineering or other applicable engineering discipline
- Fifteen (15) years reservoir experience in the petroleum industry.
- Strong technical reservoir engineering skills in evaluating and de-risking resource plays, preferably in multiple basins.
- Proficiency in reserve analysis using decline curve analysis, volumetrics, material balance, stochastic and analog methodologies to assess risk and reserve potential.
- Economic evaluation and risk management experience.
- Understanding of geological, geophysical, and economic concepts.
- Candidate would work in Austin, Texas.
We are looking to interview immediately.
Who can you recommend for this role? Even if they are not looking, if they are qualified, I would like to speak with them and network.