|Date Posted||May 28, 2018|
Purpose of Job
Experienced Production Geologist to support HC maturation activities and operations in several mature and less mature carbonate and clastic reservoirs and take a leading role with regard to dissemination of best practices and coaching of junior staff.
Internal Interfaces: Study teams, Cluster teams, Exploration, Well Engineering, Corporate Production Geosciences Discipline, Planning teams
External Interfaces: Shell EP, Sultan Qaboos University, Shareholders, Service companies
Portfolio The position is part of an integrated PE team tasked to update the static and dynamic models with the results of well and reservoir surveillance activities in several carbonate and clastic reservoirs which are developed by means of depletion, water flood recovery and other EOR recovery mechanisms. Reservoir understanding will be enhanced and visualization of production data icw reservoir characteristics will be used to identify further opportunities for maximising HC recoveries during all stages of the field life-cycle. Besides updating the reservoir models, the PG will deliver input into field development activities and business plans and has a leading role in the creation and execution of reservoir appraisal plans.
As one of the most senior PGs in this Cluster of fields, he/she will conduct technical assurance of PG input by junior colleagues into well proposals, static models and volumetric calculations.
• Undertake and QA/QC reservoir geological characterization and modeling studies to high technical standards and incorporate relevant aspects of other disciplines to define integrated (re)development opportunities and assess reserves potential
• Through property modeling and uncertainty evaluation, assist in generating realistic base case forecasts and forecast envelopes capturing the impact of risks and/or uncertainties
• Actively coach young professionals with respect to reservoir characterization and modeling
• Provide and technically assure geology contributions to project documentation (Development Plans and HIIP Reserve revisions).
• Liaise with Field Development Centre teams to provide guidance and transfer technically assured reservoir models and FDPs to the Asset
• Identify areas where the acquisition of additional reservoir (geology) data would reduce uncertainties; support or design / contribute to appropriate reservoir geology data acquisition programs.
• Identify opportunities for enhancing the application of IT, DM and KM to meet the execution and planning requirements and embed a high standard of reservoir modeling and mapping
• Identify and propose reservoir appraisal and re-development opportunities that are based on a range of options that may include IOR/EOR
• Take a role in PDO IRM network and participate in reviews Increase and stimulate static modeling technical excellence in integrated reservoir modeling and field (re)development studies in PDO
• Assure quality of L, M, H case maps for reasons of volume determination
• Ensure that consistent techniques are applied for creating ARPR maps, aligned with PDO standards. Accountable for data management and audit trail of models used for reporting purpose.
• Team member of a multi disciplinary Cluster team. Participate in discipline activities in order to enhance sustainable production geosciences capabilities.
Prepare comprehensive documentation, presentations and workshops related to specific business plans, study work scopes or discipline content.
Provide technical coaching, peer assists and QAQC of staff work in- and outside of your immediate team.
- Bsc degree in Geology (preff. Msc). Minimum 10 years industry experience in production geology, of which at least 5 should be in integrated reservoir modeling (Petrel) and reservoir management of mature fields
- Technically strong geologist in reservoir characterization and reservoir modeling, with good all-round knowledge of other PE disciplines. Minimum requirements: carbonate/clastics reservoir characterisation (skill); reservoir modelling (skill); HC volumetric analysis and resource classification (skill); seismic interpretation (knowledge); operations geology (skilled), WRFM (skilled)
- Good leadership & behaviour skills; experience working effectively in multidisciplinary teams; strong team player;
- Effective communicator, ability to coach / mentor younger staff and ability to think beyond geoscience discipline
- Experience with integrating production and production logging data into subsurface models of mature reservoirs and strong WRFM skills will be considered a differentiating advantage