|Date Posted||November 16, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
- Lead Petrophysical activities and work with all KEC asset teams.
- Work with members of Technology Group, Asset Teams, JV partners and contractors to ensure timely delivery of technical deliverables with highest technical standards.
- Appraise the management for the activities and suggest course corrections
- Generate reports on the activities of the department on a regular basis to the Head of Technology
- Champion of Petrophysics excellence across the company
- Provide technical guidance to project teams on all Petrophysical aspects
- Provide advice and recommendations on usage of latest techniques and best logging/formation evaluation practices
- Planning, mentoring and training of the petrophysicists/colleagues
- Expertise in a wide range of petrophysical techniques and the integrated application of all petrophysical data types including wireline and while-drilling logs, core analysis, and formation tests.
- Perform comprehensive petrophysical studies to support and improve reservoir characterization, working closely with geoscientists and engineers.
- Contribute to well proposal documents by assisting in the definition of well evaluation objectives and Petrophysical logging (tool strings, operational, etc) and possibly coring requirements.
- Be well-versed in editing and QC'ing log and core data.
- Plan and supervise well test program.
- Perform good data management practices focusing on data integrity and support for the entire subsurface team. Strive to develop in-house capabilities to reduce consultant costs
- Participate in the best HSSE Practices and intervene in an unsafe acts.
- Generate FDPs and Exploration plans.
- Support and interpret the seismic data for inversion and AI,
- 3D modelling is required to map all FE data.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
1. BSc in Geology or Geophysics
2. Post graduate MSc/Diploma/Doctorate in Applied Geology/Geophysics
Required Technical Competencies:
1. Strong technical skills in Geology/Geophysics and Petrophysics
2. Wide experience in operations, exploration, development geology and reservoir engineering
3. Exposure to Log Analysis and Petrophysical Evaluation/interpretation software tools
4. Understanding of the subsurface uncertainties and risks
5. Strong background in exploration geology is required.
6. Thorough understanding of open hole, cased hole, production logging tools and integrated logging in horizontal wells.
7. Familiarity with a frequently used interpretation tools.
8. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
9. Ability to discern business-appropriate solutions and deliver them in a timely manner.
10. Able to both adhere to and contribute to the development of standards and best-practice.
11. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and being a team player
Minimum Work Experience:
- 20-25 years of hands on experience in the discipline with at least 15 years of Petrophysical interpretation experience
- Working experience with an multinational and global major oil and gas companies