|Date Posted||December 20, 2016|
Senior/Staff Reservoir Engineer l Perth
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Senior/Staff Reservoir Engineer to join the Australia Production Unit with responsibility for Subsurface Engineering aspects of the North West Shelf Asset. With knowledge born from deep experience your role will include working within a small but highly dynamic multi-disciplinary team providing technical expertise to this key asset and representing BHP Billiton's interests to external stakeholders.
Roles and Accountabilities:
- Providing subsurface engineering expertise to a large number of fields with a broad range of maturity and subsurface settings, ranging from exploration, early maturation to post Final Investment Decision & very mature producing fields.
- Development planning & execution support
- Ability to identify and prioritize opportunities and work scopes, and clearly communicate these to stakeholders
- Production and opportunity management through BHP Billiton's internal processes (SEC Reserves Assessment, Budget, Life of Asset)
- Represent BHP Billiton at Joint Venture technical meetings
- Mentoring of less experienced Reservoir & Petroleum engineers
- Demonstrated breadth and depth in reservoir engineering competencies based upon significant relevant industry experience.
- Practical application of reservoir engineering skills with experience on subsea developments with a strong understanding of operations, surface and production engineering principles.
- Strong command of common industry software applications including GAP, PROSPER, MBAL, OFM, PETREL and ECLIPSE.
- Demonstrated strong Charter Values. Fosters an inclusive environment where new ideas are encouraged and valued at all levels.
- Excellent collaboration skills and strong integrator of information and analysis across multiple disciplines and functions such as operations, projects, subsurface, drilling, completions, finance and planning.
- Ability to clearly communicate BHP Billiton's technical position, with well-crafted and documented technical presentations / interpretations for internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills are essential.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Reference Number – 40354773
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.