|Location||North Aftrica, United States|
|Date Posted||March 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
The senior reservoir engineer will play a key role in exploitation and development of unconventional assets. This position will work with a team including geoscientists, production, drilling, land and others functional disciplines. The Engineer will develop and conduct reservoir studies to optimize the value creation during ongoing exploitation of existing assets. The Engineer will develop rate and reserve estimates and provide engineering input and support on acquisition evaluations. The Engineer will initiate technical work and apply technical knowledge and tools necessary to achieve successful outcomes.
The incumbent will rotating to client’s office in North Africa. Travel arrangement and accommodation will be arranged by the client. Rotation would be 4 weeks on/off but may vary depending on the project priorities.
Complete reservoir engineering work that results in the value optimization of ongoing exploitation and development of existing assets. This work might include the following:
• Develop exploitation optimization plans.
• Complete unconventional volumetrics, material balance and recovery assessments.
• Evaluate type-curves and well performance (rate and reserves) of wells in and around area of exploitation and development.
• Evaluate the completion and spacing effectiveness of wells in regards to reservoir parameters to optimize recovery.
• Monitor & evaluate offset operators drilling and completion techniques.
• Develop data acquisition plans.
• Complete reservoir surveillance and depletion evaluations.
• Experience and knowledge on various hydraulic-fracking completion designs, vendors, and techniques that can improve IP and EUR.
• Develop and implement an ongoing evaluation program to assess the success of exploitation program optimization efforts.
• Provide acquisition evaluation support to Business Development Group.
• Complete rate and reserve evaluations, capital and operating cost evaluations & forecasts.
• Perform economic (discounted cash flow) evaluations and risk analysis.
• Complete reserve estimates for existing assets. Serve as company representative with outside reserve auditors.
• Track record of successful exploitation of tight reservoirs that result in optimal value creation, including history matching, probabilistic analysis, well placement and design optimization, well-test, PVT and fluid analysis, etc.
• Depth and breadth of knowledge of unconventional plays exploitation & development (such as Bakken, Eagle Ford, Montney, Duvernay, Marcellus, or reservoirs in Northern Africa) that may require complex hydraulic fracturing and optimized horizontal well positioning and drill density.
• High level proficiency with leading edge unconventional development optimization technologies, tools, and data.
• Clear knowledge of what multi-disciplinary technical work needs to be done, and when it should be done, in the course of conventional and unconventional opportunities.
• Knowledge of business aspects of exploitation and development with clear understanding of economics and risks.
• Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary group involving engineers, geoscientists, land, finance, and administrative people.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong fundamental reservoir engineering skills and knowledge.
• Must have minimum 10+ years of oil and gas reservoir engineering experience.
• M. S. or Ph.D. degree in Engineering.