|Location||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2016|
Our client is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada with three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. The Company is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. The Company is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
Accountable for the following activities:
- Design and evaluation of results from testing programmes for exploration and appraisal wells.
- Construction and maintenance of appropriate reservoir models incorporating geoscience interpretations of static reservoir properties.
- Manage reservoir engineering studies carried out by 3rd party contractors and vendors.
- Work with the other members of the multi-disciplinary subsurface team to identify appraisal and development opportunities.
- Generation of Life of Field production profiles and maintain auditable booked resource/reserves estimates and resource/reserves reports.
Exploration and Appraisal Drilling
- Provide Reservoir Engineering input for the environmental, safety and technical aspects of well design for all exploration wells.
- Specify the testing, PVT and core analysis programmes for all wells. Monitor and quality control of the associated data collection activities. Liaison with contractor companies to specify service requirements.
- Analysis of all test results including data obtained from DST and production logging, PVT samples and special core analysis. Present results and conclusions to senior management and partners.
- Provide support for proposals to appraise discovery wells.
Development Evaluation and Approval
- Investigate potential development options for all discoveries and work closely with geoscience, development engineering, and drilling colleagues to prepare optimised development proposals.
- Prepare an appropriate numerical simulation model to support development options and ensure close integration with geological models. Provide production profiles and reserves estimates input for the economic analysis of development options.
- Present the reservoir engineering justification for development proposals to senior management and partners. Write the appropriate sections of the field development plan and work with the reservoir engineer to ensure timely approval.
Acquisition and Divestment Activities
- Represent the Client at data-rooms for farm-in/farm-out or acquisition/divestment opportunities with exploration or development potential. Provide all appropriate analysis and present results and conclusions to senior management.
- Provide input to the business planning processes.
- Write concise reports for all studies and maintain comprehensive, accessible, up-to-date records of input and interpreted data.
- Monitoring of PVT and hydrocarbon sample storage requirements and invoice processing.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Significant previous experience in reservoir engineering with Oil & Gas operating companies.
- UKCS experience.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Engineering or Geoscience degree or equivalent. - See more at: http://www.fircroft.com/job/senior-studies-reservoir-engineer-jobid-rms0167417#sthash.jXrpzlrB.dpuf