|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
This individual will be responsible for:
- Providing senior reservoir engineering technical support for all special projects.
- Mentoring reservoir engineering staff and developing their technical skills, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities.
- Reporting and presenting to senior and executive management.
- Sharing learnings across professional disciplines and asset teams.
- Assisting in the preparation of reserve report(s) and annual budget.
- Developing innovative tools and work flows to improve department efficiency.
- Maintaining reserve and decline curve estimates and maximizing production for existing producing properties.
- Working closely with the field production department on well performance and production optimization.
- Directing and performing various interdisciplinary team studies.
- Analysis of reservoir performance to identify workover candidates.
- Preparation of the annual plan for assigned fields including the capital budget.
- Preparation of quarterly and year-end reserve reports for assigned fields including estimating undeveloped reserves and providing SEC documentation.
- Reviewing and recommending reserve promotions.
- Performing economic evaluations.
- Designing and evaluating reservoir testing and monitoring programs, including, but not limited to pressure transient and pulse tests.
- Assisting in the evaluation of acquisition opportunities.
- Responding to information/economics/evaluation requests.
- 15+ years of reservoir engineering experience, at least 4 years being in unconventional reservoirs (tight gas sands and/or shales)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be well organized and capable of handling multiple tasks with changing and conflicting deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and solutions oriented with strong problem conceptualization and solving skills
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills capable of managing and completing tasks in a group environment
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and Aries
- Experience with oil and gas software packages such as Fekete Harmony RTA, WellTest and DeclinePlus, Petra, SpotFire and IHS Enerdeq desired. Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
**This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience**
WPX Energy is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled