|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
SUMMARY: Seeking a technically strong and motivated geophysicist to interpret Diamondback Energy's Permian Basin seismic data, and to oversee future data acquisition and processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with asset team geologists to tie all available well data to seismic.
- Develop synthetics and generate velocity models.
- Generate structure contour maps on horizontal drilling targets and significant geology surfaces.
- Use hand countours in conjunction with computer gridding to integrate known geologic trends with the seismic data.
- Work with operations geologists to provide detailed structure and potential geohazards for steering horizontal wells.
- Develop models for attribute analysis and inversion (where data quality is sufficient).
- Determine availability of existing seismic data for purchase.
- Negotiate and coordinate acquisition of proprietary seismic data, as well as participation in spec seismic shoots.
- Work with Land and Legal departments to approve seismic contracts and permit requests.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary asset teams to generate field development plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to set realistic goals and be prepared to provide timely project updates and final interpretations and recommendations.
REQUIREMENTS (minimum and preferred requirements): To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Geophysics or Geology (with significant geophysical training).
- Minimum of ten years of oil and gas industry experience.
- Permian Basin experience preferred, but onshore U.S. resource play experience is acceptable.
- Proficiency in Kingdom geophysical software preferred; ability to rapidly learn new software is acceptable.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States indefinitely.
- Can pass a pre-employment background screening and drug test.