|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Parsley Energy is seeking an experienced geoscientist for the position of Senior Staff Geophysicist to work on a multidisciplinary team working the Permian Basin of West Texas. The position is located in Austin, Texas. The Senior Staff Geophysicist will have a minimum of 8 years of industry experience and will be part of a team to develop and implement an active and horizontal drilling program.
- Lead interpreter of geophysical data including 2-D and 3-D seismic datasets
- Ability to integrate geophysical interpretations with geologic and petrophysical data to determine drilling locations
- Generate and analyze seismic attributes to identify reservoir sweet spots for landing horizontal wells and assist in determination of completion intervals
- Work collaboratively with other geoscientists along with drilling, reservoir and production operations groups
- Analyze, interpret and integrate data from a wide variety of sources including rock properties, microseismic, production and reservoir data to understand and improve the results of the drilling program and to generate new development opportunities
- Mentor less experienced geoscientists
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in onshore U.S. basins with Permian Basin experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics or Geology, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working unconventional resource plays and conventional plays
- Ability and experience to direct the design, acquisition and processing of 3-D seismic programs
- Advanced skills in interpretation, seismic inversion, derivation of rock properties and geostatistical modeling of unconventional reservoirs is preferred
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Founded in 2008, Parsley Energy is an independent oil and natural gas company with operations in the Permian Basin, where we develop unconventional oil and natural gas reserves. As we efficiently and responsibly grow reserves, production, and cash flow by developing our liquids rich resource base, we seek to create value for shareholders, employees, energy consumers, and the communities in which we work.
Over the past several years we have grown - primarily through the drill bit - from a two-person start-up to a large scale operation that operates several hundred wells. With a substantial inventory of vertical and horizontal drilling locations in the prolific core of the Midland Basin, we look forward to continued growth at superior rates of return.