|Date Posted||June 13, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Senior Staff Geologist-00129795-20170607
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky, Atlantic Region is currently looking for a Senior Staff Geologist to join the Subsurface Developments Team.
The Senior Staff Geologist will provide geological expertise to the Subsurface Developments team. This position will focus on development of pools and prospects between exploration and development. Working with a multi-disciplinary team, the Senior Staff Geologist will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and executing a development plan for future opportunities. Both operated and non-operated opportunities are part of this role.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing conceptual geological models which incorporate all relevant log and core data.
- Building and testing geological static models for use in dynamic simulation.
- Completing uncertainty analysis for in-place volumetric analysis of exploration and development pools.
- Assisting in prospect evaluation for exploration and delineation wells.
- Supporting the planning and execution of depletion/drilling strategies within a team environment.
- Assisting in preparing regulatory applications and interfacing with the Canada-Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Board.
- Keeping informed of technical advancements in the field of geosciences.
- Working with joint venture partners to advance geological understanding across partner organizations.
- Mentoring and peer reviewing other staff geologist work as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology.
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Geoscientist status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- 15+ years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Offshore Oil and Gas experience.
- Major projects experience.
- Experience in multiple geologic basins.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent knowledge of clastic sedimentology, stratigraphy and structural geology.
- Strong understanding of depletion planning and reservoir simulation.
- Experience with Core logging and paleogeography.
- Reservoir Geomodeling experience (using Petrel, RMS, etc.).
- Master of Science in Geology.
- Experience with Uncertainty Analysis (using GeoX, @risk, Petrel uncertainty, etc.).
- Reservoir Connectivity Analysis experience.
The deadline for the submission of all applications is Tuesday, June 27th, 2017.