|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||January 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
The primary responsibility of the Completions Engineer is to handle completions engineering and operational assignments of a broad scope and moderate difficulty. Coordinates with asset teams and/or technical professionals to support the completion of wells in the appropriate priority. The scope of the position includes: costs estimates, AFE preparation and execution of all completions, recompletions, mill-outs/clean-outs, workovers, and snubbing operations. Mentors less experienced engineers on fundamentals and supervise technical work is a large portion of this role and is in leadership position on the team.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops specific well completion designs and alternatives for consideration. Analyzes historical company and industry completion designs in providing recommendations.
- Works with reservoir engineers in the development of completion design and procedures
- Communicate completion plans and calendars to the Asset/Management team
- Identifies hazards, best practices, evaluates best equipment and practices, and incorporates sound engineering practices for the design and construction of all new well completions and recompletions
- Provides AFE cost estimates for completions and operations
- Assists in supervising the execution of well completion operations to ensure safety, quality and costs control
- Analyzes completions database and offset production to predict Non-Op well performance and prepare written AFE justification
- Develops good relationships with and effectively manage equipment contractors and suppliers (including bidding of cost for services)
- Supports Business Development and Reservoir engineering in the preparation of scoping cost estimates for acquisitions and the budget and planning processes
- Frequently visits onsite of completion operations
- Takes call as needed, including nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient level of skill in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Wellview is a plus.
- Familiar with industry software for modeling and data analysis.
- Proficient understanding of unconventional resource plays in regards to completion design and execution.
- Proficient technical knowledge and operational experience required in horizontal well completions engineering.
- Proficient technical knowledge and operational experience with coiled tubing operations in horizontal wells.
- B.S. degree in related engineering discipline is required
- 10 years progressively responsible experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States indefinitely
Diamondback Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- oilfield related: 10 years