|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2016|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
EnRJ Partners, Engineering success by connecting people. EnRJ Partners is a technical staffing company providing tailored recruitment solutions to the world's leading Energy Companies. We aim to connect the best talent with the most exciting and challenging opportunities globally.
The company in an Oil & Gas Service company that has extensive experience in quantitative reservoir characterization using seismic, electromagnetic and well log data in hydrocarbon-producing basins around the world. Rock physics is at the core of every service the company offers.
Overall Purpose of Role:
The Senior Rock Physicist will work within a Quantitative Interpretation (QI) team, contributing to client facing services projects, including development and application of rock physics models and workflows, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in budget. Responsible for the documentation of new approaches, and training other QI staff on their application in services projects. Liaise with R&D staff on the implementation and testing of new approaches within proprietary rock physics, seismic and CSEM modeling software. Develop training course material/projects and conduct training for internal and external users. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contribute to client facing petrophysics/ rock physics modelling projects.
· Development and documentation of rock physics models and workflows as required to meet client goals.
· Training of QI staff in new rock physics modelling approaches - knowledge transfer.
· Liaison with R&D staff on implementation of new approaches, and assistance with testing.
· Develop and deliver training material for both internal technical staff and external clients.
· Write short and long technical documents and technical marketing material for internal and external circulation.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· MSc (PhD preferred) in geophysics, mathematics or physical sciences.
· Background in rock physics and rock physics modeling.
· Good written and spoken English.
· Effective communication and team player.
· Knowledge of Matlab (Fortran/C++ an advantage).
· Knowledge of rock physics and petrophysics and the ability to work in a team.
· Background in Petrophysics desired.
· Must have current authorization to work in the US.