|Date Posted||July 21, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer / Appraisals
RPS Knowledge Reservoir is seeking an experienced Simulation Engineer for a 4+ month project in Houston.
- Performing reservoir simulation to guide the estimating of reserves, optimal field development and predicting future field performance to ensure maximum recovery.
- Building simulation model from Petrel model
- Black-oil and compositional reservoir simulation studies using ECLIPSE or equivalent simulator.
- Developing dynamic and static reservoir models by integrating data from various technical disciplines
- Build, run and calibrate simulation models to determine probabilistic assessment of recovery of deep-water reservoirs in Gulf of Mexico
- Expertise with state-of-the-art black-oil and compositional reservoir simulation studies using ECLIPSE or equivalent simulator.
- Eclipse VIP and/or CMG reservoir modeling tools (10 years minimum)
- Experimental design probabilistic forecasting techniques essential
- Deepwater, preferable GOM, is required
- Project management skills are necessary
- Proficiency in technical software packages such as economic modeling and decision tree, reserves management and pressure transient analysis
- Decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- BS Degree in Petroleum Engineer or related field
- 15+ years experience in the oil and gas industry
Candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
RPS Knowledge Reservoir is a leading engineering and geoscience consulting firm serving the global oil and gas industry. With a seasoned staff of veteran engineers and geoscientists -many having over 25 years of relevant upstream expertise -- we deliver project services, studies and resources to major, independent and national oil companies worldwide. We exist to aid our clients in the exploration, development and production of hydrocarbons in a smart, sustainable and profitable manner.